Wooden Boxes that I've made ...
I've recently started making wooden boxes. As mentioned elsewhere,
I really enjoy the notion of making something that is both
functional and nice to look at and touch. Hence, boxes !
You can find out more about the boxes that I've made by clicking on
the pictures or links below.
- made from Maple and Purpleheart
the "Avocado" box
- you guessed, made from Avocado wood !
some Cedar boxes
- Cedar .. there seems to be a pattern here
Thuya Burl boxes
- Thuya is an African/South American wood
- Maple with Mahogany, CherryWood, Thuya, and PurpleHeart inlay
Pat Kingsland's box
- Cedar with Padouk and Maple inlay
- a Cedar box cut in an interesting way
- Rosewood with Maple and Cherry inlay
Dano's PBR Box
- Wenge with Maple inset with Mahogany,
Cherry, and Wenge inlay
Chris's "Vacation" Box
- Zebrawood with Maple, Mahogany,
Padouk, and Wenge inlay
Don and Liz's Boxes
- Cocobolo and Maple "patchwork" technique
Dancing Bears Toybox
- Pine with Eight other kinds of wood!
War Medal Box
- Wenge with Mahogany, Padouk, Maple, and Cherrywood inlay.
Fran's Rose Jewelry Box
- Narra and Maple with Poplar, Padouk, and Maple inlay.
Diamond Pattern Boxes
- Aromatic Cedar with Maple and PurpleHeart.
Poplar and Oak Pattern Boxes
- Poplar and Oak w/ Mahogany.
Heart Shaped Jewelry Box
- Walnut and Maple.
Ginny's Thuya Jewelry Box
- Thuya Burl.
Walnut Backgammon Case
- Walnut with Maple, Cherry, Mahogany and Wenge inlay.